FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
July 28, 2017
Contact: Blanca Moreno
JUDICIAL NOMINEES ANNOUNCED
The Pima County Commission on Trial Court Appointments has recommended seven candidates to Governor Doug Ducey for two openings on the Pima County Superior Court.
Nominees for the openings created by the retirement of Judges Jane L. Eikleberry and Richard Nichols are:
- Renee T. Bennett, Republican, Volunteer with Tucson Charities including, Southern Arizona Greyhound Adoption, Keeling Elementary School and other groups.
- Baird S. Greene, Democrat, Principal Assistant City Attorney for the City of Tucson.
- John Hinderaker, Democrat, Partner at Lewis Roca Rothgerber Christie, LLP.
- John N. Iurino, Independent, Partner at Lewis Roca Rothgerber Christie, LLP.
- Mark D. Lammers, Democrat, Partner at Rusing Lopez & Lizardi, PLLC.
- Nanette C. Morrow, Republican, Assistant Attorney General with the Arizona Attorney General’s Office.
- Wayne E. Yehling, Democrat, Commissioner with the Pima County Superior Court.
Governor Ducey will make the appointments. Comments can be made to the Governor at https://azgovernor.gov/judges.
The original announcement can be found at http://www.azcourts.gov/Portals/75/Pima_Vacancies/NewsRelease-Nominations-EikleberryNichols.pdf.